Presbyterian Women Circles offer women in the church meaningful ways to live out their faith in the midst of a caring community of women. Circles meet monthly from September to May.
The purpose of PW is to nurture faith through prayer and Bible study, support the mission of the church worldwide, work for justice and peace and build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church.
PW provides a three-year cycle for all women in the Presbyterian Church that includes:
- Holding the triennial church wide gathering
- Planning a Global Exchange study seminar
- Offering a domestic mission/study opportunity
- Providing leadership training and resources
- Offering opportunities for participation in local, national and global mission and advocacy projects
- Producing Horizons magazine and Bible study
- Relating to the General Assembly Council of the Presbyterian Church through its moderator and staff
- Initiating new mission and advocacy opportunities such as the Antiracism Initiative, Together In Service and participation in the United Nation’s Commission on the Status of Women